Thursday, August 2, 2012

farm animal, huh???

This challenge at BBTB2 threw me for a loop, a big one. I had a hard time coming up with any type of farm animal cut at all and most of them that I seemed to have were really "cute" and I don't have anything against cute it is just not for me...I tend to lean toward graphic, rustic, simple. When looking thru all of the different cuts out there on CCR, I even thought about running out to buy "country life" I like the folksy look of that cart. But then I stumbled upon the sheep on "inspired heart". I spend a lot of time on Pinterest and thought I bet I can make some kind of cool canvas scripture art with the sheep using a verse about Jesus being the Lamb of God. I got out my Bible on Kindle and started searching for all the verses including lamb or sheep...I thought I had found one, but this one kept picking away at my mind:  2‡And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it, 4and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. 5†And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.” 6†And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. The Lutheran Study Bible (Kindle Locations 149419-149426). Concordia Publishing House. Kindle Edition. .....I ended up having to recut the sheep, repaint my canvas, which I am kind of happy about . I think that was almost the point of the whole thing. I have been at that point of wanting to weep...is there anyone who can do anything,..and there in the middle is always Jesus...

The crafty details: I used an 8 x 8 canvas from Michael's. The paint is brick red acrylic Michael's. The sheep is from Inspired Heart cut at 6 . I sponged su creamy caramel onto the script cuttlebug embossing template and rubbed the sheep onto it. I then sponged summer sun around the outer circle. I sponged Tim Holtz firehouse brick ink onto the the sheep...I have an old hymnal and took out the page with Lamb of God to use on the canvas.... This project turned out to be very personal and not at all what I was planning, I wasn't going to submit it, but ultimately decided to because I was inspired by the challenge and pushed WAY beyond my comfort zone. Have a great day and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. cool project, thanks for joining in at BBTB2, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an "inspired" project. I really like it. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspired interpretation of our challenge this week. Thanks for playing along at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great canvas.Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique and inspired project. Thanks so much for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. your project is really beautiful thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really neat..Thanks for playing along at BBTB2..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I really love this! Love the Bible verse and love all the work you put into it with your search for the right Cricut cut and the Bible verse. You have made a very cool project. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so cool, this is so creative, thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beauty of a project. I like how meaningful it is. Thanks for linking up at BBTB2! :)

    ReplyDelete